Family of Brit backpacker killed by toxic gin in new warning after ‘contaminated booze’ leaves 17 ill in Zante

by on 11 Αυγούστου 2018

Cheznye Emmons, 23, died after drinking gin laced with methanol in Indonesia five years ago. Her sister Measha wants to warn tourists about the dangers

The family of a British backpacker killed by contaminated booze say their worst fears have been realised after a suspected methanol poisoning in Greece.

Beautician Cheznye Emmons, 23, died after drinking gin containing the deadly chemical while travelling with her boyfriend in Indonesia five years ago.

Her sister, Measha, 31, tried to launch a campaign warning other tourists about the dangers of drinking counterfeit alcohol abroad but claims public health chiefs were reluctant to back it.

Now, after 17 British teenagers reportedly fell ill with methanol poisoning on the holiday island of Zante last week, Measha is trying to relaunch the campaign.

READ more

Be the first to comment!
 
Leave a reply »